As a region rich in brewing history, it’s only natural that Timiş county, and its capital, Timisoşara, should play host to several excellent craft beer establishments.
Read on to discover where to find Romanian craft beer in the beautiful city of Timişoara, and check out the handy map for a bar or shop near you.
Craft Breweries in Timişoara
While technically there aren’t any micro breweries within the city limits of Timişoara, there are 2 just outside. On top of that, the country’s favourite gypsy brewers are based there.
- Clinica de Bere; located at the spectacular Moșnița Royal Castle complex, Clinica de Bere were the first craft brewery to hit the Romanian market. Their beers can be found on tap at the Royal Castle Hotel Bar, as well as several other bars in the city.
- Bere Sara; this nano brewery originally started out producing beer for the on-site guest house. Demand soon increased, and now their traditional ales can be found in supermarkets across the country.
- Bereta Brewing Co; Romania’s first gypsy brewers are already renowned for their brewing prowess. Having created some award winning beers at other breweries, they’ve now started putting together their own.
Craft Beer Bars in Timişoara
Specialized craft beer bars are still a new concept around much of the country. However, there are a few places in Timişoara that stock some fantastic beers.
What may appear to be a classic vinyl store is also one of the best places to enjoy Romanian craft beer in the city. They stock beers from around the country and frequently host launch parties for the latest Bereta Beers. Aside from Romanian beer, they also stock a varied selection of craft beer from across the globe.
With great music, and the chance to buy some classic vinyl, it’s an awesome place to chill and enjoy some excellent local beer. Drop by and meet some of the cities most creative artists.
- Address; Henri Berthelot Street, Nr. 6, 300195, Timisoara
- Tel; 0256 707 107
- Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web; www.viniloteca.ro
- Facebook; facebook.com/viniloteca
Part cafe, part grocers, and totally awesome. They stock a wide and ever changing range of international and Romanian craft beers by the bottle, keeping up to date with the latest offerings.
The cosy atmosphere is relaxing and inviting, and their meat and cheese platters go perfectly with beer.
- Address; Mărășești 14 ap.2, Timisoara, Romania
- Tel; 0756 081 961
- Email; email@example.com
- Web; www.lareciproc.ro
- Facebook; facebook.com/lareciproc.ro