As a region rich in brewing history, it’s only natural that Timiş county, and its capital, Timisoşara, should play host to several excellent craft beer establishments.
Read on to discover where to find Romanian craft beer in the beautiful city of Timişoara, and check out the handy map for a bar or shop near you.
- Clinica de Bere: located at the spectacular Moșnița Royal Castle complex, Clinica de Bere were the first craft brewery to hit the Romanian market. Their beers can be found on tap at the Royal Castle Hotel Bar, as well as several other bars in the city.
- Bereta Brewing Co: Romania’s first gypsy brewers are already renowned for their brewing prowess. Having created some award winning beers at other breweries, they’ve opened their own brewery in June 2018, when they also organized the first craft beer festival in the city.
The city is only rocking one brew pub, freshly opened in November 2018. With 13 taps of craft beer (both their own as well as guest entries), Berărescu is the newest addition to the city’s growing craft beer scene. No food menu confirmed just yet, but it’s worth checking out all the same.
Splaiul Spiru Haret 1, Timișoara
Phone: 0740 221 482
Craft Beer Bars
Specialized craft beer bars are still a new concept around much of the country. However, there are a few places in Timişoara that stock some fantastic beers.
Quaint, cozy and somewhat easy to miss, this little shop is worth seeking out, both because of its central location, as well as the wide array of brews available. Split into two, it has a section dedicated to wine and spirits, complete with a deli counter and reading room, and a separate entrance for beers. Do check it out in summer, when their open terrace is a perfect spot for sampling both Romanian and international beers, as well as trying out their food menu.
- Address: Str Eugeniu de Savoya Nr. 24, Timişoara
- Tel: 0256 200 555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://www.bibliotheka.ro/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Bibliotheka
What may appear to be a classic vinyl store is also one of the best places to enjoy Romanian craft beer in the city. They stock brews from around the country, and frequently host launch parties for the latest Bereta beers. Aside from Romanian beer, they also stock a varied selection of craft beer from across the globe.
With great music, and the chance to buy some classic vinyl, it’s an awesome place to chill and enjoy some excellent local beer. Drop by and meet some of the cities most creative artists.
- Address: Henri Berthelot Street, Nr. 6, Timişoara
- Tel: 0256 707 107
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.viniloteca.ro
- Facebook: facebook.com/viniloteca
Part cafe, part grocers, and totally awesome. They stock a wide and ever changing range of international and Romanian craft beers by the bottle, keeping up to date with the latest offerings.
The cosy atmosphere is relaxing and inviting, and their meat and cheese platters go perfectly with beer.
- Address: Mărășești 14 ap.2, Timişoara
- Tel: 0756 081 961
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.lareciproc.ro
- Facebook: facebook.com/lareciproc.ro