Location: Șag, Timiș county
Open since: April 2019
Brewers: Amanda Morariu & Alexandru Rudarescu
Output in 2019: 70 hectolitres
Timișoara is one of the country’s fastest growing craft beer markets, in terms of both breweries and venues, so it was only normal that it inspires nearby craft minds to try their hands at brewing. Such is the case of Double Drop Crew, who became acquainted with the industry back in 2015.
It was during one fateful evening at the Viniloteca bar and record store, where they came face to face with the fact that there’s more to beer out there than just traditional lagers. So after checking out several styles and breweries, taking on homebrewing was the normal course of action.
Double Drop Crew take their name from an interesting play on words that combines both their passion for electronic music, and brewing. In musical terms, a ‘double drop’ is a technique that beatmatches two tracks in a way that results in the drop to take place at the same time. In brewing, double dropping is a (nowadays) rarely used technique which involves dropping beer that is in the early stages of fermentation, down into a second vessel, resulting in both a clearer beer and a cleaner yeast.
In April 2019, Double Drop Crew dropped both the beats and the hops, and the result was Satori, an easy drinking IPA which promises great beers to follow. Determined to get involved with the brewing community in the region, we’re curious to see what beers and projects they have in the lines for us in the future.
- Satori – IPA – 6.1% ABV
- Maraton – Pale Ale – 5% ABV
- Double Trouble – Double IPA – 8% ABV
- Hazy Bubbles – NEIPA – 7% ABV
- Sour Power – Clementine, orange peel, coriander and Himalaya salt Gose – 3.5% ABV
- Hop Ninja – Mango IPA – 6.5% ABV
- Mungo Berry – Pale Ale with strawberries, raspberries and blackberries – 6.2% ABV
- Amnesia – Pale Ale
- Watermelon Gose – (collaboration with OneTwo Brew) – 5% ABV
- Save The Rave – Black IPA (collaboration with Blackout Brewing) – 7% ABV
Phone: 0763 654 487