Beerologique is run by Andrew and Teodora, an English-Romanian couple passionate about drinking and promoting craft beers made in Romania. After managing pubs in the UK for 2 years, we came back in late 2016 to a blooming craft beer scene that needed someone to keep an eye on its rapid growth. And since we love our beers so much, we figured we might as well take on the task ourselves.
When not treating ourselves to some exquisite beverages and writing about what the brewers are up to, we’re also quite involved in promoting Romanian craft beer through both content, as well as events.
So, noroc and read on for more information!
Events we have organized so far (in Cluj-Napoca):
- Meet the Brewer: Bereta
- Meet the Brewer: Hophead
- Meet the Brewer: 1717
- Craft Beer Days Festival
- Dark Night of the Dark Beers
- Craft Beer Festival Cluj
- Teo: content writer, photographer and data collector
- smokes too much
- huge fan of mushroom foraging (and badgers)
- born and bred in Roman, hometown of Nemțeana
- favourite beer: Angel Piss Gose by Ground Zero
- Andy: editor, content writer and technical stuff doer
- oddly obsessed with his motorcycle
- probably needs a shave
- born and bred in Kent, UK, currently a brewer at Kutuma
- favourite beer: Dark’oh Porter by Hophead
Disclaimer: All information made available on this website is aggregated from public sources, such as the brewer’s website/Facebook pages, interviews as well as face-to-face discussions with the brewers themselves. If you find any information that doesn’t add up, or if there’s anything we might have missed, please let us know.