Location: Timișoara, Timiş county
Open since: November 2018
Brewing since: January 2019
Founder: Mihai Pegulescu
The city of Timișoara has finally planted its flag on the map of brewpubs in the country. Although the gastropub has officially opened on the 17th of November, they did not get their authorizations for brewing until the beginning of December. Their first beers came out about a month later, in January, starting off with a hoppy pale ale and a wheat beer.
Berărescu stretches our definition of what a brewpub is, in the sense that their beers are not made at the actual Berărescu bar. The brewery itself is part of the Craft Brewpub & Rooftop bar and terrace in the city center. Both venues have the same owners and they are the only places where you can find the Berărescu beer, although they also serve macro beer on draft.
On top of that, their brewpub also offers a wide selection of both local and international craft beers, so make sure to drop by and enjoy a sampling board, as well as some delicious food.
- Hoppy Pale Ale – American Pale Ale – 5.1% ABV
- Albă Nefiltrată – Hefeweizen – 5.6% ABV
- Fruity Crush Raspberry – Raspberry Beer – 4.7% ABV
- Fruity Crush Melon – Melon Beer – 4.7% ABV
- Fruity Crush Pineapple – Pineapple Beer – 4.7% ABV
- First Base – Citra Pale Ale – 5.2% ABV
- First Kingdom – IPA – 6.5% ABV
- Pops on Hops – American IPA – 6.2% ABV
- Last Man Standing – Cream Ale – 5.2% ABV
For reviews, check Untappd.
Splaiul Spiru Haret 1, Timișoara
Phone: 0740 221 482