Location: Măneciu-Ungureni, Prahova county
Open since: January 2013
Having produced beer since March 2013, it is safe to say that Zăganu are one of the founding craft breweries in Romania. Their humble beginnings into a new world introduced a blonde and a dark ale to the market, gently easing in a new wave of craft beer drinkers.
Since then the range has slowly grown with the introduction of a red Belgian ale and an IPA. This trend seems set to continue as the brewery goes from strength to strength. Their range takes in a number of styles and influences and we look forward to seeing what’s next.
They are one of the largest craft breweries in the country and as such their beer is increasingly available in bars and specialist shops throughout the country. You will occasionally find Zăganu on tap, but more commonly by the bottle.
They’ve recently opened up a Romanian craft beer bar in Bucharest. With ten taps and a number of bottle fridges, they offer a great range of the best Romanian craft beers currently on the market.
- Blondă- Pilsner
- Brună- Munich Dark lager (Schwartzbier)
- Rosie- Belgian style Red Ale
- IPA – American style IPA
Seasonal/limited edition beers:
- Adonis – Pale Ale
- Dor – Pale Ale brewed for the band Coma
- Str. Tabla Buții, Măneciu-Ungureni
- Tel: 0244702353 / +40 731707344
- Web: www.bere-zaganu.ro
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Zaganu-354997287943497
- Where did the name ‘Zaganu’ come from? In Romania, there is a rare species of vulture, called the Zaganu. For many years, it was thought to be extinct, but a few years ago it made a triumph return to the Romanian people. We hope we can help do the same thing with quality craft beer!
- When did you start brewing? Our first beers were released in March 2013
- How are your products available? Currently our range is available in 500 and 330 ml glass bottles and on draught.
- What plans do you have for the future? Develop new beers and increase capacity.