This page was last updated January 6th 2021. No further updates and maintenance will be performed on it.
Open since: December 2017
Head brewer: François-Xavier D’Hollander
There’s this good old saying that all good stories start with a beer, and the first craft brewery to open in Buzău definitely fits the bill. It all started with the chance meeting between two enduro bikers. One beer (perhaps several) later, the plan to open a brewery started taking shape, and in December of 2017, the partnership between a French brewer and his Romanian associate saw their first concoction make an appearance on the market.
After moving to Romania, François spent a while working in the malt industry, and he still keeps in touch with the local produce. One Beer Later is currently one of the few breweries in the country using Romanian sourced base malt, which it has plenty of access to in the city of Buzău.
With a repertoire consisting of a curious mix of styles, each label is dedicated to a different historical figure. Their steadily growing range of beers also saw a makeover in August 2020, when the beers were given new labels, and in some cases, even new names.
Whether you’re after their 330ml bottles or in the mood for savoring it on tap, One Beer Later is easily found in many specialized shops and bars, but also on supermarket shelves. Alternatively, you can also find it online, on Berero Store.
- Wooow – American Stout – 6% ABV
- Power Up (previously Drink Different) – American IPA – 5% ABV
- Albert Is Wrong (previously Einstein Is Wrong) – American Amber Ale – 4.8% ABV
- Perfect Reply – American Pale Ale – 5% ABV
- Fresh Restart – Fruit Ale (with orange peels) – 5% ABV
- Rock ‘N’ Beer – Czech Lager – 5% ABV
- Jos Pălăria – American IPA – 6% ABV
- Because We Can – Barrel Aged Imperial Stout – 9.5% ABV
– Rum BA
– Bourbon BA
– Brandy BA
– Scotch BA
- Secret Club – American Barleywine – 9.5% ABV
– Amarone BA
– Bourbon BA
– Riversaltes BA
– Rum BA
- Oh La La – Cherry Ale – 6% ABV
- Burgr Lager – Lager (brewed for The Burgr Factory restaurant) – 5% ABV
Affiliated gypsy breweries
- Strada Nicu Constantinescu 31, Buzău
- Tel: 0741 772 777
- Web: onebeerlater.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/onebeerlater