Open since: December 2017
Head brewer: François-Xavier D’Hollander
There’s this good old saying that all good stories start with a beer, and the first craft brewery to open in Buzău definitely fits the bill. It all started with the chance meeting between two enduro bikers. One beer (perhaps several) later, the plan to open a brewery started taking shape, and in December of 2017, the partnership between a French brewer and his Romanian associate saw their first concoction make an appearance on the market.
After moving to Romania, François spent a while working in the malt industry, and he still keeps in touch with the local produce. One Beer Later is currently one of the few breweries in the country using Romanian sourced base malt, which it has plenty of access to in the city of Buzău.
With a repertoire consisting of a curious mix of styles, each label dedicated to a different historical figure, we’re curious to see what great ideas will emerge from their fermenting in the future.
Their beers are currently available by 330ml bottle and draft, in the following locations: check out their map.
- Wooow – American Stout – 6.2% ABV
- Drink Different – American IPA – 5% ABV
- Einstein Is Wrong – American Amber Ale – 4.8% ABV
- Perfect Reply – American Pale Ale – 5% ABV
- Fresh Restart – Fruit Ale (with orange peels) – 5% ABV
- Rock ‘N’ Beer – Czech Lager – 5% ABV
- Jos Pălăria – American IPA – 6% ABV
- Because We Can – Barrel Aged Imperial Stout – 9.5% ABV
– Rum BA
– Bourbon BA
– Brandy BA
– Scotch BA
- Burgr Lager – Lager (brewed for The Burgr Factory restaurant) – 5% ABV
- Strada Nicu Constantinescu 31, Buzău
- Tel: 0741 772 777
- Web: onebeerlater.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/onebeerlater