Location: Cluj Napoca
Open since: 2011
This sky bar come restaurant in the heart of Cluj Napoca was one of the first producers of craft beer in the country. In fact, it was a mere matter of bureaucracy and obtaining authorizations which held them back from taking the crown of the first artisan brewery in Romania, a title claimed by Clinica de Bere.
The name of the brewery is a clever word pun based on the German name for the city of Cluj, Klausenburg, as well as the brewpub’s signature burger dishes.
The brewpub restaurant comes with an outstanding view over the city of Cluj, and the roof top terrace on a warm evening is an excellent place to relax with a cold beer. Aside from their own range of beers, they also serve a mixed menu of excellent food – their burgers pair perfectly with their IPA.
They’ve also started bottling their range, which means their beer is now available in increasing locations around the country. And with a kegging facility up and ready, they’ve also started making their debut at craft beer festivals in May of 2018.
- Indigen – Pale lager – 4.5% ABV
- Corvus – Pilsner – 4.5% ABV
- Gorun – Munich Dunkel – 4.5% ABV
- Arrogant – IPA – 6% ABV
- Red Revolution – Red ale – 5% ABV
- Limo – Raddler (available on draft only)
- Cherry Lov – Fruit beer (available on draft only)
- Amadeus – Hefeweizen – 4.5% ABV
- Str Regele Ferdinand nr 22, Cluj Napoca
- Tel: 0372-717-552
- Web: www.klausenburger.ro
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/BerariaKlausenBurger