Location: Voluntari, Ilfov county
Open since: July 2017
Brewers: Doru Negrei & Cătălin Minea
Emerging unto the craft beer scene in July 2017, when their first beers were made available for sale, Amistad Beer is the coming together of an architect and a construction engineer who, after several years of home brewing on the kitchen hob, decided that the time has come to kick things up a notch and open a brewery. The name itself comes from Spanish, meaning ‘friendship’, and it tells the story of how the friendship between two brewers, Doru and Cătălin, and their marketing partner Bogdan, came to a fruitful result in the shape of beers.
Self-dubbed ‘the smallest microbrewery in Romania’, their initial 50 liter setup was dangerously straddling the border between brewery and glorified homebrewing, as it allowed for a maximum output of 100 liters per day. Either way, it doesn’t seem to have been a setback, as Amistad made its debut with a core range of surprising variety: 7 different beers, from IPAs and Porters to a bolder flavor approach, incorporating ingredients such as chili, chocolate or passion fruit.
In 2018, they started tweaking their recipes a bit, as well as tarting them up with new labels and names. Not only that, but their growing popularity has also seen them brewing limited edition batches for local bands, and even football clubs.
In 2019, they have increased their capacity with a 600 liter equipment, which means that their beers are now available in an increasing selection of pubs and shops around the country, or online at Berero Store.
- Amistad Red Ale – 5.10% ABV
- Amistad IPA – 7.03% ABV
- Amistad Spicy Chocolate – Chili Chocolate Ale – 4.2% ABV
- Amistad Patriot Ale – American Pale Ale – 4.96% ABV
- Amistad Brit Porter – English Porter – 5.5% ABV
- La Granadilla Indio – Passion Fruit IPA – 6.5% ABV
- The Quick Brown Fox – IPA – 4.75% ABV
- From Dusk Till Dawn – Red IPA – 6.4% ABV
- From India With Love – IPA – 7% ABV
- The Patriot’s Ale – American Pale Wheat Ale – 7% ABV
- Saison (limited edition preview release) – 6.2% ABV
- Saison IPA – 6.3% ABV
- Partizan – American Pale Ale (1000 bottles limited edition brewed for the band Partizan)
- Locomotiva – Pale Ale (brewed for the supporters of Rapid Football Club) – 6.5% ABV
- Switch.eat IPA – IPA (brewed for Switch.eat Bistro)
- Pure Blonde – Pale Ale (brewed for Grădina Eden) – 4.6% ABV
- Bulevardul Eroilor, Nr. 126, Voluntari
- Tel: 0758 408 408
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/amistadbeer
This page was last updated July 31 2019.