Open since: November 2009
Founders: Florin Stoian and Florin Gugiu
As the first brewpub in Bucharest, Berestroika are proud to offer their diners a different beverage to the usual commercial offerings. Born out of an urge to rebel against commercial beer, the brewpub took inspiration from Austrian breweries, and started operating under the ‘Beer Revolution!’ tagline since its opening days.
Their German style beers are brewed to recipes dating from as far back as 1516. They stick firmly to the Reinheitsgebot, using only malt, hops, water and yeast in their selection of easy drinking, enjoyable beers. Alongside their beers they serve up excellent food, including fantastic grilled meat sharing platters – perfect alongside a mug of beer!
- Blondie – Blond ale – 4.5% ABV
- Blackie – Brown ale – 7% ABV
- Whitie – Wheat beer – 4% ABV
- Roșie – Red ale – 5.5% ABV
- Aleea Căuzași nr. 57, Bucharest
- Tel: +40 722560300
- Web: www.berestroika.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/RestaurantBerestroika