This page was last updated January 6th 2021. No further updates and maintenance will be performed on it.
Location: Jilava, Ilfov county
Open since: February 2020
Brewer: Henrick Radu
Such beer, much craft. Meet one of the newest craft breweries to open in Romania in 2020, and the second to make their beers available by the can.
Beast from the Yeast started taking shape when three friends (Anna, Eugen and Henrik) met in university in the UK several years back. Brought together by their love for beer and using Doge memes as a coping mechanism, once their BA degrees were done, they decided to return to Romania and pursue a brewing career. Using Henrik’s expertise as a brewer in the UK, they convinced him to switch from lagers to something on the craftier side. Their time in the UK also drove them to go for cans as a packaging option, as well as the fact that they reduce oxidization, are filled more evenly, and were better suited for their small output.
As for the Beast itself, the inspiration was their very own Doge, a Shiba Inu that made on to the logo and the labels. The labels are truly something to behold, and the team’s love for everything Japanese translated into a unique design that makes the cans stand out on the shelves like sound effects on a manga page.
The brewery saw its official launch in February at the Mikkeller Bucharest pub with an exciting variety of styles, and since then, their cans have slowly worked their way into local bars. They’re leaving the shelves fast, however, but you can still find some online at Berero Store.
- Unicorn Milk – Milkshake IPA – 7.5% ABV
- California Common – 5.2% ABV
- Galactica – Double NEIPA – 7.3% ABV
- Galactic Terror Vortex – Experimental IPA – 5.5% ABV
- Lip Smacc – DIPA – 8.7% ABV
- B.A.F. – Double NEIPA – 7.3% ABV
- Affluenza – Adambier (collaboration with Plague Brew) – 7.3% ABV
For reviews, check Untappd.
- Str. Șoseaua Giurgiului 33A, Jilava, Romania
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/beastfromtheyeastbrewery/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org